Below is our finished music video...

Below are the external panels of our Digipak. Left is the back and right is the cover

Below are the external panels of my Digipak

Below are the external panels of my Digipak
Left is the back of the album and to the right is the front

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak
Click on the image below to be directed to our website


Saturday 12 March 2016

Construction Post 8: My personal contribution to the editing sessions

A picture of me editing
During the editing process, my group all took turns controlling different elements within the sequence so that we could have a greater understanding the different editing techniques overall. After re-learning all the basic editing skills I found it much easier to use the software and editing became one of my strong points.

Firstly I was given the task of re-naming shots and picking out the best takes. This was an essential part of the whole editing process as it was important to get the highest quality videos. After doing this I, along with the rest of my team continued to layer these videos together on our sequence columns. This was an ongoing and time consuming process as we constantly went back to make improvements to all of our shots. These improvements included cutting down shots, adjusting the sound within a shot and much more. Once we had our near finished sequence it was then my job to record the final voice over with our actor, Reuben, sing the Audacity recording system. I then copied these on to a USB and copied them over to our edit suite so that they could be incorporated into our sequence. After we added the voice over we went on to add titles to the sequence. Part of my job was to figure out which placement of each name suited the shot best. This involved a lot of trial and error as we attempted to find the most conventional and aesthetically pleasing placement. A crucial element of my contribution was the grading that I did. This was a very intricate part of the editing process as I spent time manipulating the colouring and saturation of our shots to find the most attractive combination. I personally enjoyed this part of the process as it showed me the transformative qualities that grading can have. By grading, you can create a more idealistic version of what reality may be seen as, heightening the uses and gratification of being entertained, whilst also ensuring that the audience are still able to relate and identify with the film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment