Below is our finished music video...

Below are the external panels of our Digipak. Left is the back and right is the cover

Below are the external panels of my Digipak

Below are the external panels of my Digipak
Left is the back of the album and to the right is the front

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak
Click on the image below to be directed to our website


Saturday 12 March 2016

Construction Post 9: My technical learning curves

During this process I have improved my technical ability greatly. Through practice, I further developed my shooting and editing ability. For example, I had not revised my editing techniques since I had used them at a GCSE level. This meant that I had to re-teach myself a lot of the skills again. Once I had revised them I found it much easier to put them into practice again. If there was a time when I found myself unable to figure something out, I would enlist the help of my fellow group members or our technician.
I enjoyed learning about new tools such as the razor tool which gave me the ability to cut and separate shots. This was especially helpful to me as it meant that the cutting of my shots was more precise, heightening the continuity present within my sequence. It also meant that I did not have to duplicate shots which saved time and space. On the right is a snippet of the toolbar available on Adobe Premiere Pro with the razor tool highlighted.
Previously I had not been very confident with editing, however, now that I have had the opportunity to edit for large amounts of time I have familiarised myself with the software. I now have the ability the import and edit together separate videos, whilst also manipulating their sound for the greatest outcome. For example, I learned that by adjusting the audio gain of our footage we could affect the sound and tone of Craig's voice.
I also improved my grading abilities due to large periods of practice. I learnt that by slightly adjusting the position on the colour wheels you could completely transform the look of your footage by changing its colour and saturation levels. Even though this was a very tedious process, it definitely was worth it as the little risks we took with grading helped to make our footage look more unique and effective.
A screenshot of the three wheel colour corrector
 Overall, I have learnt a lot more about the technical side of media which I found very enjoyable as it broadened my knowledge and allowed me to put this new found knowledge into practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment