Below is our finished music video...

Below are the external panels of our Digipak. Left is the back and right is the cover

Below are the external panels of my Digipak

Below are the external panels of my Digipak
Left is the back of the album and to the right is the front

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak
Click on the image below to be directed to our website


Thursday 17 March 2016

Evaluation Question 7: Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Preliminary Task Brief:
Continuity task involving filming and editing a character opening a door, crossing a room and sitting down in a chair opposite another character, with whom she/he then exchanges a couple of lines of dialogue. This task should demonstrate match on action, shot/reverse shot and the 180 degree rule. 


Production Task Brief: 
To produce a 2 minute opening sequence for a fiction film. All video and audio material must be original, produced by the candidate(s), with the exception of music and audio effects from a copyright-free source. It should be clear from your sequence who the target audience is.

The brief for our production task was a lot less specific than the one we were given for our preliminary task. When approaching the film brief we waned to include some of the requirements of the preliminary task such as a match on action shot as we believed that this would showcase our editing skills. The lessons we learned whilst completing the preliminary task affected the decisions we made for our main production task. Below I have created a table explaining how our previous experiences influenced our choices...


Overall, I think that doing the preliminary task was very useful as allowed us to practice many of the skills that we later used in our production task. For example...

Olamide and Ella Continuity Prelim
A match on action shot in my prelim

Group 4 - Aglet
A match on action shot in my opening sequence 

To conclude, I believe that the preliminary task was a vital part of my project as it gave me invaluable experience from pre-production to post-production. Through this project I have greatly developed my knowledge of film and technology. In the future I would like to further develop this knowledge as I have enjoyed producing this sequence and working with my fellow peers as a team to create something that we are very proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment