Below is our finished music video...

Below are the external panels of our Digipak. Left is the back and right is the cover

Below are the external panels of my Digipak

Below are the external panels of my Digipak
Left is the back of the album and to the right is the front

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak
Click on the image below to be directed to our website


Thursday 22 September 2016

R+P Post 3: Music genres that interest me

Genre is very important to an artist as it determines their image and how they will be marketed to their audience.
Different genres have different uses and gratifications for an audience. For example, I would listen to Rap if I wanted to heighten my mood due to its strong beat and impactful lyrics. However, if I wanted to relax I would listen to R&B as it is soothing.
I listen to a large range of music genres, however, the top 3 that interest me would be:
  • R&B
  • Grime
  • Alternative
Grime
Grime is one of my favourite genres as I think that rap is such a good method of self expression, whilst also being extremely entertaining. This fast paced genre is able to heighten my mood. It also interests me as it is a British based art form. This means that I can personally relate to the music as it has themes that I am familiar with.

Alternative
Alternative music interests me as it has such a unique sound. Alternative artists use their creativity in order to bring together different music types to create something new and exciting.
R&B
I love R&B because of its soulful nature. I also feel that this genre is relatable to the masses as it often talks of universal themes such as love and loss.

Modern day R&B is more experimental and includes aspects of many different music types. For example the British artist MNEK is a soulful R&B singer, however, he mixes his singing with house and electronic beats. My love of artists such as MNEK led me to explore the British R&B scene more. Here, our group came across the artist Jorja Smith. We felt that this particular genre would be ideal for our project as it is a new and fresh sub-genre of this music style. This would give us the freedom to experiment with our choice in visuals and take advantage of the genres growing fan base.



No comments:

Post a Comment