Below is our finished music video...

Below are the external panels of our Digipak. Left is the back and right is the cover

Below are the external panels of my Digipak

Below are the external panels of my Digipak
Left is the back of the album and to the right is the front

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak

Below are the internal panels of our Digipak
Click on the image below to be directed to our website


Thursday 22 September 2016

R+P Post 5: The kind of video I would like to make


During our research, my group agreed that we wanted to create a music video that was partly studio based and partly set on site. We were interested in this layout of video as we thought that it would give us the best of both worlds and allow us to experiment with different shot types and settings, rather than being limited to just a studio. We found that other songs such as Sorry by Beyonce have taken this approach. I felt that this was very aesthetically pleasing as the drastic changes in setting keep the video very interesting visually.

We wanted our music video to have a narrative and whilst researching I came across the music video for the song Fool To Love by NAO. This video has a similar idea to our own as it depicts a man running away. I think that this will be a very helpful reference for us in the future as the composition of shots makes this narrative run seamlessly. I hope that we will learn from this and be able to add these continuous elements to our own video.


In order to layer our music video with different performance types, we also want to include elements of sign language in our project. We were inspired by videos such as You need me, I don't need you by Ed Sheeran. 
We also though that it would look very effective to project some sort of video or images on my face at some point during the studio shots. I had seen this done in music videos such as Station by Lapsley and thought it was very effective. I thought that this technique would be a good opportunity to play footage of the London riots in our video as it would link well to our lyrics and acts as intertextuality to the song.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment